Posted by TopOfTheThread on October 31, 2009
Please take a look at my previous suggestion on Health Care Reform. <click>
Simple. Right to the point. Doesn’t increase government intervention. Should put us in the right directon and we can add more ideas later (if necessary).
We do need something done in healthcare. And it should not matter if it comes from Republicans, Democrats, Independents, or “Martians” … if it makes sense let’s try it.
Here is an excerpt from ideas of John Boehner… (source)
- Number one: let families and businesses buy health insurance across state lines.
- Number two: allow individuals, small businesses, and trade associations to pool together and acquire health insurance at lower prices, the same way large corporations and labor unions do.
- Number three: give states the tools to create their own innovative reforms that lower health care costs.
- Number four: end junk lawsuits that contribute to higher health care costs by increasing the number of tests and procedures that physicians sometimes order not because they think it’s good medicine, but because they are afraid of being sued.
This sounds very similar to my previous suggestions.
Why would anyone not consider this?
Why are we looking to make massive changes before trying small changes?
Posted in politics, Uncategorized | Tagged: democrats, health care, health care reform, independents, republicans | Leave a Comment »
Posted by TopOfTheThread on October 10, 2009
This is not meant to be morbid. Unfortunately, people give thanks to family, friends, and other people after they have passed away.
Not knowing how ill, or how much time he has left, here is a message to The Yankees owner George Steinbrenner.
* * * * * * *
Thank you for purchasing The Yankees. We do not know you personally, but , we Yankee Fans, appreciate everything you have done for us.
You took an average team in the 1970’s and brought it back to greatness. You put your heart and money into the organization. You brought us Catfish Hunter, Reggie Jackson, Joe Torre, and other elite, big name stars. Of course there were free agent flops along the way but we appreciate that you were always willing to spend the money and “go for it”.
There is not much more a sports fan can ask of an owner.
Thank you George!
New York Yankee Fans
Posted in sports, Uncategorized | Tagged: baseball, catfish hunter, george steinbrenner, joe torre, NY Yankees, reggie jackson, Yankees | 2 Comments »
Posted by TopOfTheThread on October 7, 2009
We all know Health Care Reform is a major issue in the United States. The Obama Administration is making it a top priority.
Why can’t we simply try this?
- Tort reform – If we get rid of the frivolous lawsuits, everyone wins. Insurers. Doctors. Consumers.
- Let health insurers cross states – this will immediately create competition without the government expanding and, in reality, creating unfair competition. How will a private insurer compete with the government? … And the competition will drive rates down!
Easy. Let’s try it. And it can probably be easily implemented within a reasonable amount of time.
Posted in Uncategorized | Tagged: health care, health care reform, obama, President Obama, tort reform | 5 Comments »