A tree fell on a house in Melville NY as a result of winds from Tropical Storm / Hurricane Irene
Archive for August, 2011
Posted by TopOfTheThread on August 28, 2011
Posted by TopOfTheThread on August 26, 2011
Posted by TopOfTheThread on August 25, 2011
Here is an email that has been passed around. Is there truth to it? It’s extreme and meant to be humorous, but think about it.
The Governor of California is jogging with his dog along a nature trail. A coyote jumps out and attacks the Governor’s dog, then bites the Governor.
1. The Governor starts to intervene, but reflects upon the movie “Bambi” and then realizes he should stop because the coyote is only doing what is natural.
2. He calls animal control. Animal Control captures the coyote and bills the State $200 testing it for diseases and $500 for relocating it.
3. He calls a veterinarian. The vet collects the dead dog and bills the State $200 testing it for diseases.
4. The Governor goes to the hospital and spends $3,500 getting checked for diseases from the coyote and on getting his bite wound bandaged.
5. The running trail gets shut down for six months while Fish & Game conducts a $100,000 survey to make sure the area is now free of dangerous animals.
6. The Governor spends $50,000 in state funds implementing a “coyote awareness program” for residents of the area.
7. The State Legislature spends $2 million to study how to better treat rabies and how to permanently eradicate the disease throughout the world.
8. The Governor’s security agent is fired for not stopping the attack. The State spends $150,000 to hire and train a new agent with additional specialtraining re: The Nature of Coyotes.
9. PETA protests the coyote’s relocation and files a $5 million suit against the State.
The Governor of Texas is jogging with his dog along a nature trail. A Coyotejumps out and attacks his dog.
1. The Governor shoots the coyote with his State-issued pistol and keeps jogging. The Governor has spent $.50 on a .45 ACP hollow point cartridge.
2. The Buzzards eat the dead coyote.
And that, my friends, is why California is broke and Texas is not.
Posted by TopOfTheThread on August 13, 2011
This week, President Obama’s team leaked their Mitt Romney Strategy to the press.
From Politico — Obama plan: Destroy Romney
Barack Obama’s aides and advisers are preparing to center the president’s reelection campaign on a ferocious personal assault on Mitt Romney’s character and business background, a strategy grounded in the early-stage expectation that the former Massachusetts governor is the likely GOP nominee. More.
…portray the public Romney as inauthentic, unprincipled and, in a word used repeatedly by Obama’s advisers in about a dozen interviews, “weird.”….
…the Republican’s personal awkwardness will turn off voters….
Examples of the “targets” are Romney being weird, an incident with his dog on the roof of the car, dressing in tight jeans, etc..
They will also portray him as a flip-flopper using the example of Healthcare in Massachusetts.
Mr. Romney should thank President Obama’s team for all the constructive criticism. Stay with me..
* * * * *
Let’s take a look at Eminem’s battle strategy in 8 Mile. Eminem is in a rap contest and he knows his opponent is going to rip him for being white trash, living in a trailer park, having a dunk mother, having a cheating girlfriend, and other obvious items.
What does he do? He discloses these negatives about himself and beats the opponent to the punch. When it is the opponent’s turn, he has nothing to say. Take a minute and watch the video.
So Mitt Romney should beat the Obama team to the punch…
Here’s a sample presentation or monologue for Mr. Romney:
President Obama and his team are trying to divert the attention from the poor job he as done as President Of The United States. They are planning on avoiding serious topics such as unemployment, the historically low bond rating of the USA, and our deficit.
- I know I am not perfect. I imagine you all realize you are not perfect. No human being is perfect.
- I have on occasion dressed in a manner you may feel is weird. Yes have I have worn those skinny jeans. So?
- I made a mistake putting my dog’s crate on the roof of my car. Yes it was a mistake and I would not do it again. Fortunately the dog is fine.
- I have been the CEO of a very profitable company. I have created jobs as well as eliminated jobs. Creating jobs is great. I also needed to eliminate jobs to run the business. That was my job. Tough decisions are necessary running a business as well as running a country. Unlike President Obama, I have a documented track record of having the ability to create jobs. When I am President, it will be my job to create jobs. I will create jobs.
- I have implemented a universal healthcare program in Massachusetts. As governor of Massachusetts, at that time, it was the right thing to do for the people of the state. Please keep in mind that decisions are made based upon the audience affected and the timing. At that time it was the correct decision. And just because it made sense to implement it in Massachusetts, doesn’t mean it would have made sense to implement it in New York, Texas, Kansas, or other states. Regarding timing… Sometimes the Fed will raise rates and other times lower rates. Decisions are based upon timing and the current environment. This is not flip-flopping.
Now that all those irrelevant distractions are out in the open, let’s get down to the issues we need to improve the direction of our country.
President Obama, what are your specific plans for the country? You have been in office for 3 years. There are no signs of job growth. The deficit is over $14 trillion. And for the first time in history, the bond rating of the USA has been lowered.
This is what the people want to hear. You can talk all you want about my skinny jeans and awkwardness, but you are avoiding the subject — you have not done your job.
Posted by TopOfTheThread on August 4, 2011
Lebron’s tweets about Tim Tebow and Merril Hoge:
KingJamesLeBron James — Guys get on that TV and act like they was all WORLD when they played. How bout encouraging him and wishing him the best instead of hating!!
KingJamesLeBron James — Listened to Merril Hoge today on SC and he was just blasting Tebow. The man hasn’t even play a full season and its only his 2nd year in.
KingJamesLeBron James — Tim Tebow will succeed in the NFL. He’s a hard worker, a student of the game, a natural born leader and most of all a WINNER! It takes time and he’ll be nice (extended)
Learning from your mistakes? Mr. James? Didn’t you learn anything from your public relations nightmares of the last year? Who is running the Lebron James “Camp”? Someone needs to sit Mr. James down and teach him the ABC’s of “how not to be a public relations nightmare.” This book is also known as “How not to lose fans and sponsorship opportunities.”
Again – It’s pretty condescending to anyone who is not an All-Pro in professional sports. Lordy. Lordy. Lordy.
Merril Hoge is one of the top football analysts. Most of the time he is right on target. Your tweets (@KingJames) show your consistent immaturity.
Hoge’s honest assessment has nothing to do with Hoge’s playing career. Sorry if everyone can’t be the self proclaimed “King”. That’s pretty arrogant coming from someone who has never won an NBA Championship.
Shout out to Lebron James: Merril Hoge has as many NBA Championships as you – ZERO.