Posted by TopOfTheThread on April 29, 2012
Here’s another “1 percenter” story and it supposedly involves the NFL’s Brandon Jacobs…
- A story was published by CBS NY and NBC Sports: State Police patrol cars with their emergency lights flashing drove in front of and behind a caravan of dozens of Porsches, Lamborghinis, Ferraris and other cars, all heading to Atlantic City driving way too fast, and all with their license plates covered by tape.
- (Per NBC Sports) Brandon Jacobs was reportedly one of the drivers when dozens of luxury sports cars were escorted by police going over 100 miles an hour down the Garden State Parkway last month in an incident that has some New Jersey state troopers under investigation.
>>> Please read the articles on CBS NY and NBS Sports.
Where does the stupidity end?
Some celebrities and wealthy individuals decide they want to drive 100 mph down the NJ Turnpike and our bureaucracy and police enable them? What?
How was this initiated?
Did someone reach out to the police and say
“Hey, my rich buddies and I would like to speed down the turnpike. Can you help set it up?”
Were the cops bribed? Cash? Giants tickets?
WHERE DOES THIS END?
* * *
1. Here is a video of the incident taken by a couple of kids who jumped into the “Road Rally”. The troopers assist speeding down NJ Turnpike, go through red lights, skip tolls, and the license plates are covered! Its a long video but it is worth watching it. Trooper escorting sports cars on Parkway (HQ Version) WE’RE IN THE RALLY!!! (Below)
2. Watch Bob’s video “Laws DO NOT Apply to Celebrities According to the State of New Jersey…..” He calls it like it is. Celebrities get special treatment. (Below)
Posted in politics, sports | Tagged: 1 %'er, 1 percenter, Brandon Jacobs, Chris Christie, Corruption, NFL, NJ Police, ny giants, one percenter | Leave a Comment »
Posted by TopOfTheThread on April 24, 2012
To continue on the violent act of Metta World Peace (Ron Artest)… (see)
Charge him with assault! There are precedents for filing charges.
Here are just a few examples of professional athletes previously brought up on charges for events during a “game.” (See http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Violence_in_ice_hockey#On-ice_incidents_resulting_in_charges)
- 1988 – Dino Ciccarelli hit Leafs defenceman Luke Richardson with his stick. Charged and convicted of assault, he was sentenced to one day in jail and fined $1,000.
- 1998 – Jesse Boulerice of the Plymouth Whalers was suspended for the rest of the playoffs after violently swinging his stick at Guelph Storm forward Andrew Long. Boulerice was charged with assault as a result of the incident.
- 2000 – Marty McSorley of the Boston Bruins hit Vancouver Canuck Donald Brashear in the head with his stick in the waning moments of the game… McSorley was convicted of assault with a weapon and given an 18-month conditional discharge.
- 2004 – After repeated failed attempts at instigating a fight, Todd Bertuzzi of the Vancouver Canucks sucker-punched Steve Moore of the Colorado Avalanche in the back of the head, knocking Moore unconscious…. Bertuzzi was charged by police, and given a conditional discharge after pleading guilty to assault causing bodily harm. …
* * *
I am not sure if all the above arrests (or charges) took place in Canada.
The local municipality, where the assault by Metta World Peace took place, should at least consider bringing charges against him.
Posted in sports, Uncategorized | Tagged: James Harden, lakers, Metta World Peace, NBA, Ron Artest, violent assault | Leave a Comment »
Posted by TopOfTheThread on April 23, 2012
What is it going to take? Someone is going to die in the name of professional sports. Did you see the elbow Metta World Peace (Ron Artest) threw at James Harden! He could have killed him!
There was a movie many years ago, called The Deadliest Season. In that movie a hockey player killed another player…. Here’s a summary:
Gerry Miller, a professional hockey player, gives in to internal and outside pressures and adopts a more aggressive style on the ice. During one particularly violent game a player on an opposing team dies, and the authorities charge Miller with manslaughter.
And the viciousness of today’s sports are putting us right on the cusp of a death occurring during a sporting event.
* * * *
Suspend Mr. Peace (ironic huh?) for the remainder of 20112 – 2012 season and the entire 2012 -2013 NBA season.
File assault charges against Metta World Peace.
* * *
Here are some violent sports videos.
(a) Yesterday: Metta World Peace (Ron Artest) assaulting James Harden during an NBA game.
(b) 1977: Kermit Washington hitting Rudy T during an NBA game.
(c) Dale Hunter hitting Pierre Turgeon during an NHL game.
(a) and (c) are very similar in that they were both after a score and the other person had no way of knowing they were about to be the target of an assault. Please take a look at the videos below.
Posted in sports, Uncategorized | Tagged: Assault, Dale Hunter, homicide, homocide, James Harden, Kermint Washington, lakers, Lakes, Metta World Peace, murder, NBA, NHL, Oklahoma City, Pierre Trugeon, Ron Artest, Rudy T | 2 Comments »