I wonder if Long Island’s Billy Joel is a NY Jets Football fan. It would be appropriate if Billy, or someone with musical talent, would update the song “We Didn’t Start The Fire” to cover the last 2 seasons of the NY Jets.
Will someone talented at lyrics and music (like Billy), please jump in!
Here’s fodder for the start of the effort:
- Bring in Tim Tebow and disrupting a horrendous lockerroom to begin with
- Rex Ryan big mouth
- Cromartie with 10 kids with 8 different women
- Jets provide Cromartie with a $500,000 advance so he could make outstanding child support payments.
- Cromartie being the 2nd best wide receiver
- Anotonio Holmes is injured, is he now the best receiver?
- Darrelle Revis getting hurt
- Dismantling one of the top rushing games in the NFL. Getting rid of Thomas Jones.
- Skipping the 2nd string QB to play the 3rd String QB (McElroy)
- QB McElroy starting one game and getting a concussion
- Skipping back after the 3rd string quarterback to 1st string QB (Sanchez)
- The lying by the coaches (or Tebow) about Tebow not wanting to play the Wildcat
- The Butt Fumble
- Santonio Holmes pouting on the side line
- New York Jets wide receiver Braylon Edwards is being sued for child support again
- Braylon Edwards tweets the Jets are “idiots” and then is brought back.
- Fire OC Shottenheimer – hire Wildcat expert Sparano – Fire Sparano
- Doing absolutely nothing in the off-season to help the team.
- Fire Ryan. Fire Tannenbaum
- And the cross-town rivals NY Giants win the Super Bowl Again!
Maybe it can be called “We Didn’t Start The Back-Fire”?