Posted by TopOfTheThread on February 3, 2013
… and we need to have a quick chat about College Hoops. I am a New Yorker and love hoops! This post is oriented towards the Knicks and Nets.
After yesterday’s college basketball game between University Of Michigan and Indiana University, I had to look at the 2013 mock NBA daft. (Thank you NBADraft.net). It was a great game showcasing great college, soon to be pro, talent.
- Trey Burke. Great Talent. Plays taller than his 6’0″ size because of his step back jumper.Will he be the next Kyree Irving? Or Austin Rivers? (Note: I am not giving up on the 6’4″ Rivers. He’s so young with tremendous potential upside, but IMHO, he was overrated coming out of Duke.)
- Cody Zeller. Great Talent. Great height and I assume he will fill-out since he is only a sophomore. Awesome athleticism for a 7-footer. Nice touch on his shot. Yesterday’s game was a Zeller Showcase! Forecasted to go to the Cavs? That would be interesting to see him lay with Kyree Irving.
The charts below have Zeller going 3rd and Burke going 21st? Unless Burke “falls off of a cliff”, there is no way he will be available at 21. And is he a fit for the Brooklyn Nets? Drafting on the “best available player” theory, yeah, take him. But the Nets backcourt is strong. (Full disclosure: I rushed to see a mock draft wondering if there was any way Zeller could end up with the Nets. Deron Williams + Joe Johnson + Brooke Lopez (healthy) + Cody Zeller? I know it’s a pipe dream and probably impossible, but that would put them up there with the elite teams in the league.)
2013 NBA Mock Draft
- Glen Robinson III. Talented. Just a freshman and probably still growing. Good size. Good body. Good blood-lines. He disappeared against Indiana, but again, he’s just a freshman. We’re getting into the pressure-filled part of the season. It will be interesting to see how he progresses.
- Tim Hardaway Jr. to the NY Knicks? Athletic. Good size for a #2. Does he have the NBA jumper? Great blood-lines. He’s definitely worth taking a chance at the 25th pick.
Note to the NY Knicks: If there is a way to trade up to get Trey Burke, do it! Young athletic point guard. Have him come in and work alongside Raymond Felton and be under the tutelage of Jason Kidd? What would be better than that? A No Brainer.
- Victor Oladipo. I do not know what to say about him. He’s a beast! A great athlete. Offense. Defense. While he may not fit a prototypical NBA role, but he will carve out playing time and will be a major factor in games. He may be the sleeper of the 2013 NBA draft. (More on Victor below!)
Before clicking on the image below, take a second to look at the image. The video goes by quickly and you may not appreciate what actually happened. This ‘miss’ of a dunk, on a bad pass, may be better than any NBA or college dunks this year!
Click to see video – Indiana University Victor Oladipo missed dunk
Posted in College Sports, sports | Tagged: Cody Zeller, Indiana, Michigan, mock draft, NBA, nba draft, nba draft dot net, ncaa, NFL, super bowl, Trey Burke | Leave a Comment »
Posted by TopOfTheThread on January 18, 2013
Manti Teʻo girlfriend
Posted in humor, sports, Uncategorized | Tagged: football, heisman trophy, Manti Teʻo, notre dame | 1 Comment »
Posted by TopOfTheThread on December 30, 2012
We all agree The Jets are a disaster on and off the field.
I wonder if Long Island’s Billy Joel is a NY Jets Football fan. It would be appropriate if Billy, or someone with musical talent, would update the song “We Didn’t Start The Fire” to cover the last 2 seasons of the NY Jets.
Will someone talented at lyrics and music (like Billy), please jump in!
Here’s fodder for the start of the effort:
- Bring in Tim Tebow and disrupting a horrendous lockerroom to begin with
- Rex Ryan big mouth
- Cromartie with 10 kids with 8 different women
- Jets provide Cromartie with a $500,000 advance so he could make outstanding child support payments.
- Cromartie being the 2nd best wide receiver
- Anotonio Holmes is injured, is he now the best receiver?
- Darrelle Revis getting hurt
- Dismantling one of the top rushing games in the NFL. Getting rid of Thomas Jones.
- Skipping the 2nd string QB to play the 3rd String QB (McElroy)
- QB McElroy starting one game and getting a concussion
- Skipping back after the 3rd string quarterback to 1st string QB (Sanchez)
- The lying by the coaches (or Tebow) about Tebow not wanting to play the Wildcat
- The Butt Fumble
- Santonio Holmes pouting on the side line
- New York Jets wide receiver Braylon Edwards is being sued for child support again
- Braylon Edwards tweets the Jets are “idiots” and then is brought back.
- Fire OC Shottenheimer – hire Wildcat expert Sparano – Fire Sparano
- Doing absolutely nothing in the off-season to help the team.
- Fire Ryan. Fire Tannenbaum
- And the cross-town rivals NY Giants win the Super Bowl Again!
Maybe it can be called “We Didn’t Start The Back-Fire”?
Posted in humor, sports | Tagged: Billy Joel, football, music, New York Jets, NFL, NY Jets, Revis, Rex Ryan, Shottenheimer, Sparano, Tebow, We Didn't Start The Fire | Leave a Comment »
Posted by TopOfTheThread on November 3, 2012
Thank you to WTF for this one. It all goes back to “You can never go broke underestimating the intelligence of the public.”
Mexican smugglers tried to drive over the wall between the US and Mexico near Yuma, Arizona. They built a ramp but got stuck anyway. The smugglers left the car hanging and disappeared. Border patrol agents found the car perched atop the fence.
You really have to give them a ’10’ for creativity…
Posted in humor, Uncategorized | Tagged: creative criminals, mexico, stolen jeep, theives, thieves | Leave a Comment »
Posted by TopOfTheThread on October 31, 2012
Our street in the Huntington Hills section of Melville NY, Long Island... (Notice the size of the trees in relation to the person standing behind the them.)
Posted in Uncategorized | Tagged: half hollow hills, hurricane sandy, Long Island, melville, NY, Suffolk County | Leave a Comment »
Posted by TopOfTheThread on October 29, 2012
My neighbor’s 200 foot tree just fell during Hurricane Sandy.
I’ve been told the worst is yet to come.
Posted in Uncategorized | Tagged: hurricane sandy, Long Island, melville, NY | 1 Comment »
Posted by TopOfTheThread on October 19, 2012
We found the baseball ARod threw into the stands… I guess she’s a baseball groupie with principles…
Posted in humor, sports, Uncategorized | Tagged: alex rodrigues, AROD, Arod turned down, baseball, mendoza line, sex, Yankees | Leave a Comment »
Posted by TopOfTheThread on October 13, 2012
If you are a football fan and haven’t seen this, please take a minute. It’s hilarious!
(Facebook dialogue between NFL Quarterbacks Tom Brady, Peyton Manning, Eli Manning, Aaron Rodgers, Joe Flacco, Drew Brees, Matt Ryan, Ben Roethlisberger, Tony Romo, Jay Cutler, Mark Sanchez, Tim Tebow, Michael Vick, RGIII Griffin, Cam Newton, Russell Wilson )
Posted in Uncategorized | Tagged: Aaron Rodgers, Ben Roethlisberger, Cam Newton, Drew Brees, eli manning, Jay Cutler, Joe Flacco, mark sanchez, Matt Ryan, Michael Vick, NFL Quarterbacks Tom Brady, peyton manning, RGIII Griffin, Russell Wilson, Tim Tebow, Tony Romo | Leave a Comment »
Posted by TopOfTheThread on August 19, 2012
A video created by Navy Seals. Are we Trading National Security Secrets for Political gain?
Posted in politics | Tagged: national security, President Oama, security leaks | Leave a Comment »