Posted by TopOfTheThread on January 28, 2012
My friend KRS posted a great image on fb…. (I hope you don’t mind I borrowed it.) Love it! The people commenting on her wall spurred some thought…
Change is painful. You may say the USA has been experiencing change since 2007-2008. Perhaps it’s permanent? Who knows?
* * * * * * *
Let’s clarify something right here. REVENUE = TAXES.
Replacing the word TAXES with the word REVENUE is a brilliant marketing spin created by the Obama Administration . It is still TAXES. . We are still paying these TAXES. And the government is still wasting our TAXES. And we all know there is a tremendous amount of waste in spending our TAXES.
And by trying to increase TAXES (or as people drinking their “Kool Aid” say Revenue) it’s wasting even more TAX money.
The government is broken. Can it be made any simpler? Would you keep pouring water into a cracked bottle? “… Oh let’s compromise… let’s only pour less water into the cracked bottle…” The bottle is still leaking and we are still wasting water!
It’s painful but it is time to stop “kicking the can down the road” and not getting anything accomplished. The government collects plenty of TAXES. We are spending more than we bring in.
* * * * * * *
I love it when the average citizen, drinks the Washington DC Kool Aid, and makes a reference about compromise.
The Obama Administration has been given the positive-media-created-label that they have “reached across the aisle” and “have been willing to compromise”. This is strictly media spin. And when you, the average citizen, hears something 10, 20, or 100 times, you start believing it.
This is a common format for President Obama reaching across the aisle:
- Obama: The drink for the meeting will be Hot Chocolate.
- Republican: We are allergic to chocolate so we disagree.
- Obama: In that case we shall have Hot Cocoa.
- Republican: Hot Cocoa is also chocolate so we disagree with Hot Cocoa.
- Obama: OK. In that case we shall have Swiss Miss.
- Republican: Swiss Miss is also chocolate so we disagree with Swiss Miss.
And then the Political Machine spreads the news that they have “reached across the aisle” and the other side is “unwilling to compromise”.
* * * * * * *
The Tea Party. Domestic terrorists? You may hate them. You may say they are too extreme. I personally do not agree with them, but I respect their willingness to be the bad guys to achieve the common good.
Look closer at what they did. They were the only “group” willing to take a stand for change.
When The Tea Party wouldn’t blindly raise the debt ceiling and insisted on budget cuts, they were doing the right thing. Everyone hated them. The media made them out to be villains. But they were the only ones not allowing Washington to “kick the can down the road” and continue on our path to bankruptcy. Think about it.
Change is painful. Often there needs to be a “bad guy” to get things done.
* * * * * *
I have to go now. We are contesting our PROPERTY REVENUE, and I need to complete the paperwork…
Posted in Uncategorized | Tagged: budget, deficit, democrats, Kool Aid, obama, president, republican, revenue, taxes, Tea Party | Leave a Comment »
Posted by TopOfTheThread on August 13, 2011
This week, President Obama’s team leaked their Mitt Romney Strategy to the press.
From Politico — Obama plan: Destroy Romney
Barack Obama’s aides and advisers are preparing to center the president’s reelection campaign on a ferocious personal assault on Mitt Romney’s character and business background, a strategy grounded in the early-stage expectation that the former Massachusetts governor is the likely GOP nominee. More.
…portray the public Romney as inauthentic, unprincipled and, in a word used repeatedly by Obama’s advisers in about a dozen interviews, “weird.”….
…the Republican’s personal awkwardness will turn off voters….
.. The second aspect of the campaign to define Romney is his record as CEO of Bain Capital
, a venture capital firm that was responsible for both creating and eliminating jobs…. More.
Examples of the “targets” are Romney being weird, an incident with his dog on the roof of the car, dressing in tight jeans, etc..
They will also portray him as a flip-flopper using the example of Healthcare in Massachusetts.
Mr. Romney should thank President Obama’s team for all the constructive criticism. Stay with me..
* * * * *
Let’s take a look at Eminem’s battle strategy in 8 Mile. Eminem is in a rap contest and he knows his opponent is going to rip him for being white trash, living in a trailer park, having a dunk mother, having a cheating girlfriend, and other obvious items.
What does he do? He discloses these negatives about himself and beats the opponent to the punch. When it is the opponent’s turn, he has nothing to say. Take a minute and watch the video.
So Mitt Romney should beat the Obama team to the punch…
Here’s a sample presentation or monologue for Mr. Romney:
President Obama and his team are trying to divert the attention from the poor job he as done as President Of The United States. They are planning on avoiding serious topics such as unemployment, the historically low bond rating of the USA, and our deficit.
- I know I am not perfect. I imagine you all realize you are not perfect. No human being is perfect.
- I have on occasion dressed in a manner you may feel is weird. Yes have I have worn those skinny jeans. So?
- I made a mistake putting my dog’s crate on the roof of my car. Yes it was a mistake and I would not do it again. Fortunately the dog is fine.
- I have been the CEO of a very profitable company. I have created jobs as well as eliminated jobs. Creating jobs is great. I also needed to eliminate jobs to run the business. That was my job. Tough decisions are necessary running a business as well as running a country. Unlike President Obama, I have a documented track record of having the ability to create jobs. When I am President, it will be my job to create jobs. I will create jobs.
- I have implemented a universal healthcare program in Massachusetts. As governor of Massachusetts, at that time, it was the right thing to do for the people of the state. Please keep in mind that decisions are made based upon the audience affected and the timing. At that time it was the correct decision. And just because it made sense to implement it in Massachusetts, doesn’t mean it would have made sense to implement it in New York, Texas, Kansas, or other states. Regarding timing… Sometimes the Fed will raise rates and other times lower rates. Decisions are based upon timing and the current environment. This is not flip-flopping.
Now that all those irrelevant distractions are out in the open, let’s get down to the issues we need to improve the direction of our country.
President Obama, what are your specific plans for the country? You have been in office for 3 years. There are no signs of job growth. The deficit is over $14 trillion. And for the first time in history, the bond rating of the USA has been lowered.
This is what the people want to hear. You can talk all you want about my skinny jeans and awkwardness, but you are avoiding the subject — you have not done your job.
Posted in politics, Uncategorized | Tagged: 2012 election, deficit, democrats, eminem, Mitt Romney, politico, President Obama, republicans, skinny jeans, taxes, weird | Leave a Comment »
Posted by TopOfTheThread on July 9, 2011
Remember Charles Grodin in Dave? Take a quick watch.
How can that clip be more relevant?
The way the President and Congress are running the country, it’s amazing we’re in business…
Spending. Spending. Spending. Spending. Spending. Spending. Spending. Spending. Raise the ceiling. Spending. Spending. Spending. Spending. Spending. Spending. Spending. Spending. Raise the ceiling. Spending. Spending. Spending. Spending. Spending. Spending. Spending. Spending. Raise the ceiling. Spending. Spending. Spending. Spending. Spending. Spending. Spending….
The only person who can get away with that is Paris Hilton. (Just insert “Raise my allowance” where it says “Raise the ceiling”.)
Perhaps President Obama should bring in Charles Grodin to help with the budget.
It’s a good thing we are not a part of a common currency, like the Euro. If we were, we wouldn’t have the ability to print more money… the answer to everything!
- So we’re contemplating raising the ceiling.
- Unemployment is at 9.2%. Under-employment must bring that number up to an estimated 17%
- We are spending billions of dollars fighting wars all over the world. (Libya? Libya?)
- And we are still sending billions of dollars of aid to countries all over the world. How about we tell all these countries that we are only giving them 50% of the aid we had previously given to them. Let’s apply that saved money domestically and help ourselves!
- And President Obama is now focused on his reelection campaign!
What happened to this great country of ours? The left is far left. The right is far right. All they care about is keeping their jobs and getting re-elected.
It’s a shame.
Posted in politics, Uncategorized | Tagged: borak hussein obama, borak obama, charles grodin, deficit, democrats, paris hilton, President Obama, recession, republicans, US Budget | Leave a Comment »