Posts Tagged ‘health care’
Posted by TopOfTheThread on March 6, 2011
Posted by TopOfTheThread on October 31, 2009
Please take a look at my previous suggestion on Health Care Reform. <click>
Simple. Right to the point. Doesn’t increase government intervention. Should put us in the right directon and we can add more ideas later (if necessary).
We do need something done in healthcare. And it should not matter if it comes from Republicans, Democrats, Independents, or “Martians” … if it makes sense let’s try it.
Here is an excerpt from ideas of John Boehner… (source)
- Number one: let families and businesses buy health insurance across state lines.
- Number two: allow individuals, small businesses, and trade associations to pool together and acquire health insurance at lower prices, the same way large corporations and labor unions do.
- Number three: give states the tools to create their own innovative reforms that lower health care costs.
- Number four: end junk lawsuits that contribute to higher health care costs by increasing the number of tests and procedures that physicians sometimes order not because they think it’s good medicine, but because they are afraid of being sued.
This sounds very similar to my previous suggestions.
Why would anyone not consider this?
Why are we looking to make massive changes before trying small changes?
Posted by TopOfTheThread on October 7, 2009
We all know Health Care Reform is a major issue in the United States. The Obama Administration is making it a top priority.
Why can’t we simply try this?
- Tort reform – If we get rid of the frivolous lawsuits, everyone wins. Insurers. Doctors. Consumers.
- Let health insurers cross states – this will immediately create competition without the government expanding and, in reality, creating unfair competition. How will a private insurer compete with the government? … And the competition will drive rates down!
Easy. Let’s try it. And it can probably be easily implemented within a reasonable amount of time.
Posted by TopOfTheThread on August 14, 2009
People are screaming at each other over health care reform. How can anyone be passionate one way or another without knowing the proposed plan(s)?
Obama, Democrats and Republicans are each campaigning for/against it.
WHAT IS IT?! Where can we find out SPECIFICALLY what is being proposed?
None of these road-shows should be taking place until the multiple bills and proposals are combined into one bill…. then we should all work from there.
It seems that it is still all theory and rumours… Please, someone point us to one place where we can see the specific proposals! Substance! Not theory!
Also, please do not set these random deadlines on a subject that will affect the future of thise country.
Please do not pull the same "crap" of offering a 1000+ page bill, like was done with the stimulus, and expect it to be voted on the next day.
It is a subject that we all agree needs fixing. Let’s do it right. We may not have a second chance.